Posted By admin on March 3, 2011
The purpose of security doors in Denver is exactly that – to keep you safe inside your home and to protect your property. Now, you don’t have to settle for the unattractive models. Whichever type of Denver security door you decide to go with from the two types available, you will no doubt find one that will appeal to you.
The two types of residential security doors in Denver are:
- The solid door
- The openwork steel door resembling wrought-iron with tempered glass behind the panel. (construction-index dot com).
Other types of security doors available include those used on yachts, entrances to special (hidden) rooms and those for vaults.
Why a Security Door
Unless you live in a gated, guarded community with an expensive alarm system – and, even those homes have been known to be robbed – no one is 100 percent safe from being robbed. FBI statistics claim that “Crime against property occurs on the average of 20 times a minute with an estimated $1,000 loss for each occurrence.” (howtoadvice dot com) If you do not have the cash to live in such neighborhoods, your next best bet is to install a security door.
Components of Security Doors
There are six major components of Denver security doors:
- Bolt: this is what keeps the door locked. Depending on the class (Class I – IV), the bolt should be able to withstand force of varying degrees. The higher the class the more abuse the bolt should withstand. (ehow dot com)
- Jam and wall: Normally, the jam is metal and the wall is reinforced. (ehow dot com)
- Cylinder: Composed of keyway, tumbler mechanism and cylinder tumbler.
- Lock-in Knob: Some security doors in Denver have the locking mechanism located in the knob, which can be locked/unlocked via a button or a key.
- Hinges: Must be able to withstand at least 150 lbs of force. Class IV doors may withstand up to 200 lbs. (ehow dot com), and
- The security door itself. (ehow dot com)
Your security doors Denver need not be plain. This security door has been custom-made depicting a Tamashiro sun in copper vein. (Photo courtesy of ironcraftinaz, Flickr.)
Ordinary Solid Door Appearance
These types of Denver security doors have the appearance of a normal wooden door though they are manufactured out of steel. Normally, the specification of this type of door includes:
- 1″ x 2″ or 1″ x 3″ door construction with mitered corners
- Heavy duty 1-1/2″ x 1-1/2″ exterior frame with mitered corners
- U. V. resistant polyethylene coated foam with weather strip
- 1″ x 7/16″ powder coated screen frames with insect screens
- Kwickset double deadbolt
- Kwickset lever handle
- Wall bumper or door chain
- Spy hole (doors-info dot com)
The purpose of these security doors in Denver is to withstand forced entry. The secondary locking system is composed of multiple locking points and, depending on the particular manufacturer the locks, come with a protective plate and replaceable cartridge. Other important lock specifications include resistance to drilling, acid, cutting, and passkey. (securitycertifieddoors dot ie)
Openwork Steel Door with Wrought Iron Design
Just because we are discussing security doors, it does not mean that such need to be plain and dreary. Openwork steel security doors in Denver are normally manufactured out of 14-gauge steel with ½” – ¾”wrought iron. (oldirondoors dot com) These doors also come with a tempered glass back panel.
Double Cherry Security Door w/ Glass. (Photo courtesy of Allied Gate Co., Flickr.)
The advantage of these security doors Denver is that they are not only aesthetically pleasing but, you can come up with your own custom design. Another specification you may wish to add includes anti-ballistic capabilities.
Intruder with Fire Door
Aside from providing protection from intruders these security doors in Denver also provide protection in case of fire until first responders arrive. Also, these doors are designed so that the room is sealed against smoke and flames entering, thus preventing those inside from suffering or dying from smoke inhalation. (mastersecuritydoors dot com)
Safe Room / Panic Room Doors
The purpose of safe or panic rooms is to keep the home’s residents or business employees safe and in a locked environment until law enforcement arrives and, where the threat – primarily robbers – is unable to get to them.
Safe/panic security doors also come in handy in case of extreme inclement weather such as hurricanes and tornados.
On a side note, these rooms may also be ordered custom made to include alarm systems, phones and other communication devices. (saferoom dot com)
Another extra is to have bullet-proof safe room or panic room security doors.
Another option to choose from when deciding about Denver security doors is doors with anti-ballistic capabilities. These security doors are able to prevent different caliber weapons from destroying the locking mechanism or puncturing the door itself.
Anti-ballistic doors are manufactured with UL 752 listed materials. Should you opt for an open work steel door design, you may custom order a bullet-proof glass panel that uses bullet resistant fiberglass panels, acrylics, glass-clad polycarbonate, laminated glass or polycarbonate.
Denver fence companies – Denver fence company – Denver fence contractors –
Boulder fence – wrought iron Denver